Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!! OUCH !!!! ^^^ RIP TYPE R^^^

Road to All Motor10s *EFilliated*'s Avatar

9k that's a complete R motor, if u would of red the post u would have seen that this is not an Oem meaning different pistons ctr and itr have different clearances, so a small mistake will cuz massive damage as he has shown, I'm in a rush, so if I'm wrong please correct me, and some1 that knows about Honda motors
    I got room to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    What does a stock ITR rev to?
    Last edited by *EFilliated*; 10-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Senior Member | IA Veteran Slow Motion's Avatar

Wow...I am calling my engineer right now and thank him for finishing schoo. Who is M&R?

Shits real out here. You betta keep a strap and learn somethin'

where did he go to school? M&R is black4drek and some other dude that supposedly build motors

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Motion View Post
    Wow...I am calling my engineer right now and thank him for finishing schoo. Who is M&R?
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Senior Member | IA Veteran Slow Motion's Avatar

Graduated out of Ga. Tech., He was too scared of M.I.T

Shits real out here. You betta keep a strap and learn somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR View Post
    The pieces probably went into the head and came out when the valves opened....but i dont know. I would check your retainers VERY well, looks can be decieving...
    how is that? Yea i know, I have most of them out now..

Quote Originally Posted by *EFilliated* View Post
    where did he go to school? M&R is black4drek and some other dude that supposedly build motors
    correct

Aight guys.. Dont talk BS in this thread.. please

Quote Originally Posted by Glade View Post
    okay target boy. this "13" yr old actually bought all his shit. I didn't build my car, but I put it all together, from the brakes to the motor/turbo setup..etc. fuck outta here nigga.

trust me, I have more money than you.
    LMAO shouldn't there be an age limit on this site, don't let me catch u slippin, u talk all big and bad on this forum but ain't nothing when it comes down to it
    Both of you shut the fuck up. This isn't the Whoreslounge.

Keep it up and you'll both take a vacation.

I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Both of you shut the fuck up. This isn't the Whoreslounge.

Keep it up and you'll both take a vacation.
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

damn that sucks...if you need my help on the rebuild lmk ill come lean'd a hand....

and efilliated you talk alot for some one who didnt say a word when you had a single cam
    now you bought your self into the game..and you think your hardcore....when you dont know shit about engines
    build your own shit then you can talk.....

Damn mike it looks like a donkey took a shit in there....

HAHA to the drama on this thread.

i think you did a good build, seeing as you still have 3 in tact. did you have stock rods? rod bolts? your valvetrain (to me) seems to be doing fine, still got 3 intact. i think your rod/bolt stretched, wow its been a while ..

i just looked back at the pictures, why is there metal in all cylinders? did you race through a bucket of metal shavings or something?

Basically to explain how the metal got into the other cylinders. Cyl xxx dropped the valve, and started destroying the piston, as the motor kept running (since its an air pump) The bits were shot back into intake manifold and distributed to other cylinders.

The EMPIRE

Quote Originally Posted by wrekonize View Post
    damn that sucks...if you need my help on the rebuild lmk ill come lean'd a hand....

and efilliated you talk alot for some one who didnt say a word when you had a single cam
    now you bought your self into the game..and you think your hardcore....when you dont know shit about engines
    True.. and pee wee Ill holla at ya..

Quote Originally Posted by SpooL'DGsR View Post
    Damn mike it looks like a donkey took a shit in there....
    LOFL bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Power View Post
    HAHA to the drama on this thread.

i think you did a good build, seeing as you still have 3 in tact. did you have stock rods? rod bolts? your valvetrain (to me) seems to be doing fine, still got 3 intact. i think your rod/bolt stretched, wow its been a while ..

i just looked back at the pictures, why is there metal in all cylinders? did you race through a bucket of metal shavings or something?
    Stock rods, rod bolts. All my valvesprings and retainers are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by EmminoDaGreat View Post
    Basically to explain how the metal got into the other cylinders. Cyl xxx dropped the valve, and started destroying the piston, as the motor kept running (since its an air pump) The bits were shot back into intake manifold and distributed to other cylinders.
    Thanks for the explination man! That was one thing i just couldnt figure out..Thanks again

Lol ok, I have never claimed to build motors, dats y I'm going to school so I dnt make a mistake like this, I do me, u do u, I'm not gonna argue wit some1 who doesn't kno Shit about me and Wat I'm about, later

Quote Originally Posted by wrekonize View Post

11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Lol ok, I have never claimed to build motors, dats y I'm going to school so I dnt make a mistake like this, I do me, u do u, I'm not gonna argue wit some1 who doesn't kno Shit about me and Wat I'm about, later
    From this sentence alone I can see the need for you to go to school....
    -2001 Lexus IS300
    -2004 Pontiac GTO - 530hp/625ft lbs - 10.62@130mph - Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I got five on it, that if this guy ever does meet Evil Goat he shits his pants and says nothing.

Ok.. What mistake was made by me and my engine building??

The choice of pistons? yes.. My builds? NO...

^ I never critisized ur build, yea u have the ability to build motors, Shit happens and it blew, never sayed u don't kno Wat ur doing, the only thing I didn't agree on was u reving to 9500rpm daz all, like I told Wrekonize u do u and I do me, u only learn from mistakes, mayb u will learn from this one to make it faster, I don't kno where the fuck all this people getting this impression that I'm out to talk Shit for no reason.
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

^ I never critisized ur build, yea u have the ability to build motors, Shit happens and it blew, never sayed u don't kno Wat ur doing, the only thing I didn't agree on was u reving to 9500rpm daz all, like I told Wrekonize u do u and I do me, u only learn from mistakes, mayb u will learn from this one to make it faster, I don't kno where the fuck all this people getting this impression that I'm out to talk Shit for no reason.
    Best post by you. Keep it up.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

drives a beat up 626 blackshine007's Avatar

9k that's a complete R motor, if u would of red the post u would have seen that this is not an Oem meaning different pistons ctr and itr have different clearances, so a small mistake will cuz massive damage as he has shown, I'm in a rush, so if I'm wrong please correct me, and some1 that knows about Honda motors
    I got room to learn.

Dude, seriously, you talk alot of talk. I don't know you but damn you dribbling off at the jaws. I have to commend Mike for posting up his metallic milk shake. And It's a nice thing that he blew it up. Reason being very simple: he has the opportunity to tear the engine down to find out why it blew up the way it did and go back with better parts. In the whole process, he gains knowledge from a mistake he made so that way he can become a better builder in the future. I can tell you now I've blown some shit up. I've broken trannies. I've shot an oil filter about half way down the street. I've torn up my fair share of things. But I promise you what I've learned from the destruction is invaluable. You can go to a school all you want and your instructor will tell you how to avoid them. But ask him how many times he's fucked up and broken something. Experience can be your best friend. This is just another that Mike can chaulk up as a teaching tool.

SMH, You're right Catnip, this was the best thing he had to say in this thread.

K series 626. That's right. It's got a K in it.

And like I said he is going to learn from it and build it better and mayb even faster, I'm not going to school to learn how to build motors, dats just Wats also included, my teacher has been an engine builder for 16 years for well known race teams, he is a machinist and I'm prety sure he has learned from his mistakes before he got it down packed and made it into a successful living. If u are taught right and u are able to put it into work, this isn't necessarily suppose to happen, u can learn the right way and also do it the right way.

But u don't kno me or Wat I'm about so its useful to make assumptions bout me running my mouth, just leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by blackshine007 View Post
    Dude, seriously, you talk alot of talk. I don't know you but damn you dribbling off at the jaws. I have to commend Mike for posting up his metallic milk shake. And It's a nice thing that he blew it up. Reason being very simple: he has the opportunity to tear the engine down to find out why it blew up the way it did and go back with better parts. In the whole process, he gains knowledge from a mistake he made so that way he can become a better builder in the future. I can tell you now I've blown some shit up. I've broken trannies. I've shot an oil filter about half way down the street. I've torn up my fair share of things. But I promise you what I've learned from the destruction is invaluable. You can go to a school all you want and your instructor will tell you how to avoid them. But ask him how many times he's fucked up and broken something. Experience can be your best friend. This is just another that Mike can chaulk up as a teaching tool.

SMH, You're right Catnip, this was the best thing he had to say in this thread.
    11.3 @ 117
    Midnight
    Auto
    M
    ORRIS TUNING

dammmn... thats rough...

That's what happens to ROOKIE engine builders, what goes around comes around! Just sayin
    Work in progressneed slicks!

did you check v2v and p2v clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by 94ej2 View Post
    Black4DrEk knows what he is doing when building a engine. Just like i told him "only 1 over-rev and that could be the last".
    resize pic

damm i've f awked up motors alot of times but not like this, had a poor R build while back, stock itr block w/eagle rod bolts arp head studs, built gsr head. had a 10k rev limit And ran like coyote & roadrunner meepmeep hahaa.. Does this mean I'm a good builder?? 8D
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

i have done the same thing to a gsr and it ended up being the result to a jumpped timing belt!!! im almost willing to bet thats what happened.
    JDM FO' DOE' FO' SHO':boobies:

Quote Originally Posted by GAsHONDABOI View Post
    i have done the same thing to a gsr and it ended up being the result to a jumpped timing belt!!! im almost willing to bet thats what happened.
    belt jumps and only 1 cylinder gets KO'd?

Quote Originally Posted by DustnU View Post
    That's what happens to ROOKIE engine builders, what goes around comes around! Just sayin
    Wow dustin Really? haha... Ok then. " What goes around comes around"? hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 94ej2 View Post
    Yes.. sure did.. Hade enough valve clearance to adjust my cams 8 degrees. 4 notches.. and i did so on the Dyno. made more power.

Quote Originally Posted by gerardojdm View Post
    Black4DrEk knows what he is doing when building a engine. Just like i told him "only 1 over-rev and that could be the last".
    thanks.. and yea i knew that.. Thats why I was trying to avoid hiting the rev limit that hard while racing anybody..

belt jumps and only 1 cylinder gets KO'd?
    haha..i know. Naw that wasnt it.. hah

The "ROOKIE" part was just a joke, but the other not so much. As I heard it "someone" blew up a pretty nice boosted Dohc Zc a while back and won't take responsibility for it. If I'm wrong my bad it's what I was told. Good luck on the next one.

Naw.. that "pretty nice" boosted DOHC ZC had the worst turbo kit in the world. and was spiking up to 20 lbs of boost..

I drove it one time down the road, then the motor started knocking.. you cant tell me your brother didnt rag the piss out of that car.. If it wasnt me behind the wheel.... 5 min later your bro woulda got behind the wheel and blew it up himself..

And I offered to get him a SOHC motor.. to replace it.. but I deff couldnt just replace the damn thing the NEXT DAY.

vtec poppa!!

damn... gud luck fixn it bro.. now u can make it faster... =D
    RIDING SOLO

do you know anyone selling a DB8 shell? and i need a B series swap too. LMK

I feel you, he did RAG it HARD!! Oh well we put it back in and it wasn't knocking it was just the charge pipe that blew off and I think the turbo took a dump. He traded it for a V8 Ranger. Gl with your new build if I stay in the game we'll have to run, bwahahahah! Sorry for being an Ass you know how it is when it comes to FAMILY!!

do you know anyone selling a DB8 shell? and i need a B series swap too. LMK
    Nope.. But im selling my EG shell.. LMK if you know anybody

I feel you, he did RAG it HARD!! Oh well we put it back in and it wasn't knocking it was just the charge pipe that blew off and I think the turbo took a dump. He traded it for a V8 Ranger. Gl with your new build if I stay in the game we'll have to run, bwahahahah! Sorry for being an Ass you know how it is when it comes to FAMILY!!
    Yea i feel ya dustin.. Me and your bro talked about everything also..

We cool then bro. How much for the Eg?? I may be interested!!

sorry to see that bro. i'd cry if that happend to me, sounds like you had a nasty type r.. glw your next build!
    WTB 16x7 Polished Slips

We cool then bro. How much for the Eg?? I may be interested!!
    Im asking 1,500 obo for it.. Check out the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by deondre View Post
    sorry to see that bro. i'd cry if that happend to me, sounds like you had a nasty type r.. glw your next build!
    Yea man it was nice!! and thanks I will have another one soon!

Certified Gearhead

the head can be fixed. i have seen worse that was fixed. you just have to pay.

I am locking this thread to prevent anymore stupidity from being posted... Well, at least in here. I'm sure you stupid fuckers will find another thread to post your ignorance in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12